– *AS COURT SENTENCES ONE TO EIGHT YEARS IMPRISONMENT FOR BELONGING TO UNLAWFUL SOCIETY*
The Academic Board of Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja, on Tuesday, 6th July, 2021 considered reports of various committees and consequently approved the expulsion of 27 students for offenses bordering on examination misconduct.
Among the students expelled was Adeyemi Michael Seun, with Matric Number 2019/ND/ARC/011 from the Department of Architectural Technology, who was found in possession of a text book relevant to the examination in question.
The duo of Mr. Mohammed Iliasu Maikudi from Public Administration Department with Matric Number 2018/HND/PAD/769 and Kadiri Samson (2017/ND/OTM/034), from the Department of Office Technology and Management,
were also expelled for hiring mercenaries to write examinations for them.
The Board is in the process of withdrawing Certificates of their accomplices; Mr. Oladimeji Emmanuel and Mr. Ekeono Oluwaseyi, who are former students of the institution for unworthy actions that portrayed the Polytechnic in bad light.
24 other students expelled were from the School of Management Studies with varied offenses related to examination malpractices.
Details of the affected students including the three mentioned above are as follows:
1. IBIKUNLE ABIKE ABIODUN – 2019/ND/BUS/1014
2. DAUDA LUKMAN – 2019/ND/BUS/1114.
3. TOLUHI PETRA AYOOLA – 2019/ND/LIS/067
4. FRIDAY ANOSE – 2019/ND/ACCT/969
5. USMAN AWWAL – 2018/ND/ACCT/334
6. IBRAHIM IKO-OJO – 2019/ND/BUS/864
7. YAHAYA HUSSEINI – 2019/ND/BUS/947
8. YAKUBU ALIYU – 2019/ND/BUS/1089
9. MOSES ABIMIKU – 2019/ND/BUS/1296
10. JOEL EMMANUEL OLORUNFEMI – 2019/ND/BUS/921
11. MOHAMMED ABDULATEEF – 2019/ND/BUS/849
12. OLOWO SEGUN VICTOR – 2019/ND/BUS/342
13. KATE AUDU – 2019/HND/BUS/667
14. ODUBO WILLIAMS – 2019/ND/LIS/259
15. NDANANI MOHAMMED – 2019/ND/LIS/014
16. AGADA ABRAHAM OJOCHOGWU – 2018/HND/LIS/043
17. SALIFU NANA VERONICA – 2019/ND/OTM/649
18. MOMOH MICHEAL – 2019/ND/OTM/688
19. JOHN SOLOMON – 2019/ND/PAD/731
20. ALHASSAN MOHAMMED – 2019/ND/PAD/536
21. ANJORIN SAMUEL JUWON – 2019/ND/PAD/749
22. ACHIMI KABIRU – 2019/ND/PAD/1415
23. LAWAL HAMZAT – 2018/ND/PAD/907
24. HARUNA VICTOR – 2019/ND/PAD/1365
25. ADEYEMI MICHEAL SEUN – 2019/ND/ARC/011
26. MOHAMMED ILIASU MAIKUDI – 2018/HND/PAD/769
27. KADIRI SAMSON – 2017/ND/OTM/034
The Board also considered the recommendations of the Academic Board Results Verification Committee and approved supplementary results of 3, 262 students for the 2018/2019 session.
The Board also approved offer from the Federal University, Lokoja (FUL) to establish its study centre in the Polytechnic, for the purpose of running programmes such as; Top-up, Conversion and Post-Graduate programmes.
While commending members of the Academic Board for the support so far, the Rector of the Polytechnic, Dr Salisu Ogbo Usman, restated Management’s commitment to upholding the dignity of the Polytechnic through strict adherence to rules.
In another development, a Magistrate Court sitting in Lokoja has sentenced Shehu Tenimu Mohammed, an ND II student of the Department of Public Administration of the Polytechnic to eight years imprisonment for belonging to unlawful society.
Delivering his judgement on Tuesday, Magistrate Tenimu Mohammed convicted and sentence the suspect on the three count charges having pleaded guilty to the offenses in the charge sheet. Mohammed was also fined the sum of Eight thousand Naira.
It would be recalled that the security operatives of Kogi State Polytechnic arrested Shehu Tenimu Mohammed for being in possession of a locally fabricated revolver pistol along with five rounds of live ammunition while making his way through the main entrance of the Polytechnic on Friday, 9th April, 2021.
The Rector therefore, seized the opportunity to admonish students to be law abiding as no stone would be left unturned to ensure absolute law and order in and around the campuses of Kogi State Polytechnic.
Uredo Omale (Mrs.)
Head, Public Relations and Protocol Unit.
Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja.