*Dedicates Achievement to Governor Abubakar Sani Bello and Good People of Bosso.*
Bosso Local Government Council with headquarters at Maikunkele is one of the 25 Local Government Councils in Niger state created to bring government and sustainable developments to the people at the grassroots .
Bosso Local Government Council like its counterparts across the country has had its share of the good, the bad and the ugly of successive administrations since its creation.
Although , past administrations have tried within their capacities to bring needed dividends of Democracy to the people, their efforts were not the eldorado in meeting the yearnings of the people.
The people were in a hurry to have a man with requisite pedigrees to entrust their mandate to wipe away their age-long tears.
And true to their expectations, the last local Government Council election, held about one year and seven months ago was what the people needed to change their miseries.
They had studied antecedents of the candidates of the political parties presented for the election and concluded that Architect Abubakar Suleiman Gomna of the All Progressives Congress APC was what they needed to change their narratives.
In their resolve , both the old , Young , women irrespective of party divides queued behind him with massive votes that took oppositions to the cleaner.
Meanwhile, the chairman, Hon. Architect Abubakar Suleiman Gomna did not waste time as he hit the ground running with his unleashment of down to earth , people oriented projects that cut across all the segments of the lives of his people.
He took the issue of security of his people with great passion. .He is also down to earth in the area of Education, rural development, pipe borne water , roads construction, health , rural electrification , Youth and women empowerment etc which have earned him an appellate of Mr. Projects.
No wonder that Hon.Arc Abubakar Gomna was quick to showcase his stewardship to the people in his one year and seven months at the helms of affairs of Bosso Local Government Council.
According to him ” he has procured Six (6) 500kv TRANSFORMERS;
2 at Maitumbi (different locations) Maitumbi ward
1 at Kampala, Kampala ward
1 at chanchaga, chanchaga ward
1 at gidan kwano, Garatu ward
1 at the local government Secretariat complex.
2. Drilled two motorized boreholes at okada road Bosso, Bosso Ward.
3. Two hand pumps at
Pmasi Maitumbi ward.
Sabon Daga in Garatu ward.
Extenssion of pipe born water to jiko community in maikunkele ward.
Financial assistance to Bosso police station for the repairs of over head tank.
4. Repairs of over one hundred and ninty (190) boreholes accross the ten (10) wards of the local government.
5. Renovated and furnished;
-Council’s Vice chairman office
-House Leader’s office
6. Terrazzo floor tiles of the entire Secretariat complex.
7. Remodeling of Tagwai dam central mosque in chanchaga ward.
8. Constructed security post at chanchaga Muslim and Christian cemetery.
9. Fencing of Muslim and Christian cemetery at Tudun Fulani, Bosso central 11 ward.
10. Donated ten (10) motor cycles to Vigilanttee corps and Abi-Doka accross the ten (10) wards.
11. Assisted the repaired of patrol vechiles of security agencies and vigilanttee corps.
12.Purchased official vechiles for;
– Vice chairman
– Council secretary
– House Leader
13. Sponsored thirty (30) youths accross the ten (10)wards for NDE computer and catering training.
14. Sponsored ten (10) youths accross the ten (10) wards for SDG program at suleja.
15. Free internet registration on N-POWER PROGRAM for over one thousand (1000) youths accross the ten (10) wards.
16. Free internet registration for Bosso local government students to access scholarship.
17. Procured security gadgets for vigilante corps.
18. Commissioned Dr. Yahaya Bawa Bosso Ultra modern market along the western bypass on 28/07/2020
19. Improved revenue generation of the local government.
20. Gave medical, Financial, and material assistance and donations to individuals, groups, communities in terms of crisis, flood or whenever the need arises.
21. Offered political appointments to one hundred and fourteen (114) SA’s accross the ten (10) wards of the local government.
22. Allocated five hajj seats for 2020 pilgrimage.
23. Facilitating the repair of the temporary Bosso central mosque, as a new one is set to be constructed by a volunteer.
24. Repaired of the local government heavy duty machines (Grader, Pelloader, and Bulldozer)
25. Completed construction of Garatu international yam market at Garatu ward.
26. Relocated Traders from former Maitumbi market to the permanent site along the new eastern bypass in Maitumbi Ward.
AND TO MARK THE ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY;
The executive chairman Bosso local government has “PERSONALLY”
– Procured fifteen motorcycles and distributed it to individuals at the occasion of the anniversary.
– Selected fifty widows across the local government and gave ten thousand Naira each as financial assistance.
Completed drilling of two motorised boreholes and eight hand pumps boreholes across the ten wards of bosso local government Council.
While commending governor Abubakar Sani Bello for the conducive environment he created for him to add values to the lives of the people , applauded the citizenry for their uncommon support for his administration and assured them of more dividend of Democracy.